Chai 4-ply Double Mats
Chai Pre-Cut Mats are a simple, convenient way to mat art and photographs.
The Double Mats with Windows add depth to the presentation of your work, feature two mats with a beveled lip in between. The bevel-cut windows* feature the bright white core made from high-quality wood fibre that has been buffered to create a neutral pH, making them safe for short-term** display of your art pieces.
Their outer measurements fit standard-sized, readymade frames and come in a myriad of window sizes, allowing you to plan the dimensions of your work in advance so that it can be easily matted afterwards.
These well-priced mats are perfect for keeping framing costs down. Use yours to present your artwork at markets, to add a rigid back mat when storing works on paper, and to add presence when framing art for home decor.
Chai 4-Ply Double Mats with windows are available in bright white.
• Quality paper matboard
• Buffered to create a neutral pH
• Popular colours to suit any work
• Standard paper and frame sizes
• Short-term** display of artwork and photographs
• Market display and sales of artwork
* Note that pre-cut mat windows are cut smaller than the paper size they are designed for. As an example, a Chai 4-ply Double Mat with an 8" x 10" window measures 7 ½" x 9 ½" at its opening. This offers a ¼" overlap on all sides of the window to hold the work in place while covering as little of it as possible. With this in mind, printing your work edge-to-edge is ideal if you don't wish to see the print border inside the mat.
** For long-term display of one-of-a-kind, precious, or irreplaceable artworks or photographs, we recommend choosing an archival matting material such as 100% cotton which will assist in the preservation of the piece.
Opus PLUS Members' Bulk Pricing:
Buy 10+ and save 10%
Buy 20+ and save 15%
Buy 30+ and save 20%
Buy 40+ and save 25%
Bulk discount off regular prices only.
Please note that bulk discount can be applied to a large quantities of single items only. Bulk prices and sale prices cannot be combined. The greater of either discount will be applied.