Pébéo Spalter Brushes
Spalters are wide, flat brushes, with short bristle length relative to their width. They are excellent for blending, laying down backgrounds and flat washes and for varnishing and gessoing.
The Pebeo Natural (white) Bristle, Orange Polyamide and Brown Polyamide bristle spalters are useful and economical additions to the oil or acrylic painters' tool set.
- Short, natural wood handles
- The sets of 3 contain 1 each of size 25, 40 and 50 (1, 1 ½ and 2 inches)
- The sets of 2 contain 1 each of size 75 and 100 (3 and 4 inches)
- The Brown Polyamide bristles are somewhat firmer than the Orange
- The Natural bristles are better suited to oils; while the Polyamide are great for acrylics
- Excellent for use in faux-finishing work as well as fine art applications