Chai Digital Mats
Chai 4-ply Digital Mats feature three size variations, pre-cut with both digitally printed papers and standard size frames in mind.
The 8 ½" x 11" window* features outer measurements that fit an 14" x 18" frame (available Opus Exhibition, Opus Solo, and Opus COHO). Or print your work to 11" x 17" or 13" x 19" to fit an 18" x 24" frame (available in most Opus Readymade Frames for works on paper).
The bevel-cut windows feature the bright white core made from high-quality wood fibre that has been buffered to create a neutral pH, making them safe for short-term* display of your art pieces.
These well-priced mats are perfect for keeping framing costs down. Use yours to present your prints at markets, to add a rigid back mat when storing works on paper, and to add presence when framing digital prints for home decor.
Chai 4-ply Digital Mats are available in bright white, warm white, and black.
• Quality paper matboard
• Buffered to create a neutral pH
• Popular colours to suit any work
• Standard digital paper and frame sizes
• Short-term** display of artwork and photographs
• Market display and sales of artwork
* Note that pre-cut mat windows are cut smaller than the paper size they are designed for. As an example, a Chai 4-ply Digital Mat with an 11" x 17" window measures 10 ½" x 16 ½". This offers a ¼" overlap on all sides of the window to hold the work in place while covering as little of it as possible. With this in mind, printing your work edge-to-edge is ideal if you don't wish to see the print border inside the mat.
** For long-term display of one-of-a-kind, precious, or irreplaceable artworks or photographs, we recommend choosing an archival matting material such as 100% cotton which will assist in the preservation of the piece.