Store - Pre-Cut Plexiglass
Currently, this product has not been reviewed by our customers. Login to submit a review.
Should there be any discrepancies in our inventory, we’ll be sure to contact you promptly by phone or email.
Moving a lot? Shipping your artwork? Hanging pieces in high traffic areas? The answer is clear: You need plexiglass.
This safer alternative to glass has high optical clarity, is highly resistant to breakage, and is lighter in weight. Our pre-cut plexiglass is available in a wide range of sizes. Ideal for handling large works.
Framed pieces that are moved around a lot, shipped across countries, or prone to being accidentally knocked off the wall will not need to have the glazing replaced, or be a danger to either the artwork or the people handling it.
While plexiglass is more prone to surface abrasion than glass, and does require more careful cleaning, it comes already cleaned and covered in a peel-off protective cover. Use plexi-specific cleaner and a soft cloth to clean plexiglass.
One definite drawback to plexiglass is that it is far more likely to develop a static charge than glass. Do not use plexiglass to frame pastels, charcoal drawings, or other works with any kind of dry media that is only held in place by the surface texture of the ground.
- Our Pre-cut Plexiglass is 3 mm (just under ⅛") thick
- Clear as glass optically
- Use plexiglass cleaner and a soft cloth to clean (avoid using paper towels, and any cleaner with ammonia content)
- Resists breakage, but more easily abraded on the surface than glass
- In many situations, the higher cost of plexiglass is justified by not needing to replace broken glazing, which can so often happen with glass
- Shipping or other accidents will not result in broken shards that can damage the artwork