Store - Mixed Media Painting Workshop by Jean Pederson
Mixed Media Painting Workshop by Jean Pederson
Currently, this product has not been reviewed by our customers. Login to submit a review.
Should there be any discrepancies in our inventory, we’ll be sure to contact you promptly by phone or email.
Mix it up! Mixed Media Painting Workshop starts from a base of knowing your materials and techniques and expands on these fundamentals to the different techniques and methods.
The author covers texture, collage, embedding, shapes (and more) and then moves on to subject matter and finishes with "putting it all together".
There are 21 step-by-step demonstrations, hundreds of examples and galleries of finished, inspirational works by various artists in a range of styles.
- Published in 2013
- Paperback; 127 pages
- Fully illustrated in colour throughout
- Learn to apply mixed media techniques to create vividly striking, original effects whether you work in an abstract or figurative style
From the bookÕs back cover:
The Artistic Journey of a Lifetime!
Are you interested in adding a bit of mixed media to your artwork but unsure exactly how? Mixed Media Painting Workshop takes the fear out of artistic experimentation and instead celebrates the journey, step by step!
With Mixed Media Painting Workshop, youÕll learn a variety of techniques and use a unique selection of materials to express yourself and your style! From backgrounds to sketching, from painting to collage, from the elements of design to subject matter, youÕll find it all right here.
Inside Mixed Media Painting Workshop youÕll find:
- A plethora of background information Š get to know your paints, mediums, surfaces, and other materials through fun and meaningful exercises.
- 21 step-by-step demonstration to teach you both individual techniques and strategies for combining techniques
- Tons of beautiful, inspirational art and personal insights from the author and contributing artists including Catherine Liu Chang, Polly Hammett, Brian Ateyo and more
- Tips and ideas for working with a theme, working with personal artifacts and found objects, memory painting, defining your style and mapping your artistic journey
Add Mixed Media Painting Workshop and set forth on your artistic journey today!
About the Artist
Jean Pederson has been painting for more than twenty years, has won numerous awards, and has exhibited her works throughout the world. Her traditional practice includes referential imagery of people, still life, landscape, and abstraction. Mixed media is an important venue for her creative expression, and the layering of a variety of media offers Jean an assortment of possibilities within her work; quality of edge, line, and texture all play a role within her imagery. She is the author of Expressive Portraits: Creative Methods for Painting People. Learn more about Jean at jeanpederson.com.
You may also be interested in: