- Online Store
- Shopping at Opus Stores
- Shopping Online & By Phone
- Save as an Opus PLUS Member
- Custom Canvas Canvas, Stretcher Frames, & Panels
- Fine Art Digital Printing & Mounting
- DIY Framing
- Visiting Artist Demonstrations
- How-to Library
- Classroom Space Rental
- Community Workshops & Classes
- Opus Visual Arts Newsletter
- Business-to-Business Services
- Art Education & School Accounts
- Community Support & Donations Program
- Art & Community News
- Locations & Ordering Info
Opus - Calligraphy in 24 Hours
Calligraphy in 24 Hours
About Calligraphy in 24 Hours
Calligraphy in 24 Hours is a carefully structured beginner’s course. Learn the basics principles behind a range of alphabets, letter-by-letter and stroke-by-stroke, in a series of focused, technique-based tutorials.
- Teaches lettering for both broad-edge and pointed nibs in a range of scripts, beginning with easy-to-learn alphabets such as Roman Capitals and Foundational, and finishing with decorative scripts like Flourished Copperplate and Flourished Spencerian.
- Analyzes alphabets stroke-by-stroke, enabling you to reproduce letterforms with accuracy and consistency. Essential warm-up exercises build up speed and confidence.
- Teaches you how to create beautiful illuminated letters, how to lay out your letterforms and words, how to practise good spacing, work in and with colour, and embellish basic alphabets with elegant flourishes.
- Includes a series of a practical calligraphic craft projects taught by some of today’s best calligraphers. Try your hand at designing a bookmark, manuscript book, family tree, or wedding invitation - and more.
Veiko Kespersaks is a leading Scandinavian calligraphy specialist and lettering designer based in London. He has gained an international reputation as one of the most skilled lettering artists and teachers currently working in the field.