- Online Store
- Shopping at Opus Stores
- Shopping Online & By Phone
- Save as an Opus PLUS Member
- Custom Canvas Canvas, Stretcher Frames, & Panels
- Fine Art Digital Printing & Mounting
- DIY Framing
- Visiting Artist Demonstrations
- How-to Library
- Classroom Space Rental
- Community Workshops & Classes
- Opus Visual Arts Newsletter
- Business-to-Business Services
- Art Education & School Accounts
- Community Support & Donations Program
- Art & Community News
- Locations & Ordering Info
Opus - Jacquard deColourant Mist
Product - basic STO22
Jacquard deColourant Mist
About Jacquard deColourant Mist
Create designs on fabric and craft paper with ease.
Jacquard deColourant is a non-bleach colour remover. Once it has been applied to natural dyed fabric and craft paper, it is activated with heat—either an iron, heat press or heat gun. After the color has been removed, the deColourant is washed out.
Unlike bleach, deColourant Mist removes color without jeopardizing the integrity of the fiber. Working with bleach can also be a health and safety risk. You don’t have to worry like that with deColourant.
Comes in a 4 fl oz (240 ml) bottle with a misting spray top.
Instructions: Create designs by misting through a stencil or around a found object. Once dry, iron on highest setting suited for the fabric type. For extra color removal, iron with steam. Color will leave at this stage. After color removal, wash fabric with Synthrapol or a mild detergent to return to natural softness.
- When removing dye from fabric or paper, the resulting color may not always be white.
- Some dyes are more susceptible to color removal than others.
- Test samples are recommended prior to production runs.
CAUTION! Use in well-ventilated area. Do not inhale mist spray. Avoid contact with eyes. In case of eye contact, flush with water immediately. Avoid prolonged contact with skin. For skin contact, wash thoroughly with soap and water. Safe for children, with adult supervision. If affected by inhalation of vapor, seek fresh air.