Store - Daniel Smith Transparent Watercolor Ground
Daniel Smith Transparent Watercolor Ground
Expand your watercolour world. Make any surface watercolour-friendly with Daniel Smith Transparent Watercolor Ground.
Aside from applying it to papers other than traditional watercolour ones, you can brush it on to wood, canvas and other fabrics, stone, metal, and many other unexpected and unusual surfaces.
This medium dries very clear with a grainy texture. It is best used as is, brushed on with a soft brush for a smooth surface, or with a hog-bristle brush for a more textured surface.
The transparency of this medium means that you will see the original colours and features of the surface after application. For example, wood grain markings, inclusions in decorative paper, speckles in stone, and weave patterns in fabric.
- Opaque white in jar, dries ultra clear
- Dries quickly to a matte, slightly grainy surface
- Is absorbent after drying to retain paint, even on non-porous surfaces
- Apply to porous surfaces without any additional surface preparation
- Lightly sand metal or other non-porous surfaces before applying to ensure adhesion
- Washes out of brushes or off surfaces with water while still wet
- Conforms to ASTM D 4236 (non-toxic)
|Opus Exhibition Cradled Wood Panel Deep||9X12||$12.80|
|Daniel Smith Extra Fine Watercolors Dot Try It Card 238 Dots||SET238||$38.20|
|da Vinci CASANEO Oval Pointed Brush||6||$47.00|
|ARCHES Hot Press Watercolour Block 140 lb||9X12||$63.80|