Colored Pencil Solution Book
Coloured pencils are a fascinating medium, offering a palette rich with nuance, versatility and creative potential. Successful coloured pencil artists and teachers, Janie Gildow and Barbara Benedetti Newton answer the most commonly asked questions about coloured pencil techniques.
Over twenty easy-to-follow, step-by-step demonstrations show you how to:
- Select the right tools, as well as set up your workspace to optimize efficiency and comfort
- Effectively express yourself through colour and value to create light, shadow and mood
- Use and master basic essential coloured pencil techniques
- Create the look of realistic metal, including brass, copper and silver
- Create glass that sparkles, mirrors that reflect and water that distorts
- Create realistic texture, from slippery satin, fuzzy peaches and velvety roses to coarse linen and the bumpy surface of corn
- Fix common mistakes and problems with easy-to-use solutions
Whether you already enjoy working with coloured pencils or are looking to try this exciting medium for the first time, this book will provide you with all the information you need to create your own coloured pencil compositions.